Some of my favorite pictures

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1st Day of School

August 11th, 2008

The kids returned to school on Monday. It's always a mixed blessing because they are just starting to drive me absolutely crazy with their fighting, but it means back to homework and getting up early! Yuck!! Shad starts 6th grade this year which is so weird. I can't believe I have a child old enough to be in 6th grade, especially when I remember 6th grade so much. Jordyn starts 4th grade and Tanner starts 2nd. Shad has grown several inches over the summer and now is inches taller than Laura, which thrills him to no end. He reminds her of it often of course. The kids surprised me because they all were so excited to get back to school. I guess they missed their friends more than their sleep.






Jordyn is just the fashion queen. She fits in well with Trevor and his "cool" glasses!



Tanner the big 2nd grader!



My big 6th grader



We met in the morning in a parking lot on Ave M so that we could walk to the school with the kids and avoid all of the messy traffic.





Tanner is in a combo class with 3rd graders. I think this will be good for him because what he lacks for in maturity he makes up for because he is a bright boy when he wants to be so maybe he will overhear some of what they are doing with the 3rd graders. Jordyn was in a combo class for 1st and 2nd grade and I thought it worked well for her too.



Jordyn and Dalton are in class together again this year. Jordyn passed the GATE test in the summer so she gets to join Shad in the photography classes and extra activities this year.



Probably not too many 6th graders would pose for their parents with a funny looking bear in their hands but Shad and Ashley are good sports about it. Might as well get them while we can, probably the last year they will put up with this. I think it helps that their moms help at the school and do the yearbook so the kids know what "cool" moms we are and if they want their picture in the yearbook they better be nice! :-)




Of course, the first day of school would not be complete without the parents celebrating their new independence by going out for breakfast. Our SD twin bears went with us to celebrate.



2 comments:

Kerry Schultz said...

These kids (mine included) are all growing up way too fast!!!

jbaccus said...

They are definitely all growing up fast. It still amazes me that Trevor is old enough to drive.

I am glad that Jordyn passed the GATE test this time. Hopefully there photography portion will go a little smoother than Shads did last year. I will have to take both of them on the Death Valley photo shoot this year, or maybe some other new location.

I think they have set into the school routine now, because it is getting harder and harder to get them up in the mornings and to get them to goto bed at night. But overall they are still doing pretty good.